ATTENTION ALL STUDENT VOLUNTEERS!
Do you serve in your community? Do you help others for free? Do you help out with projects run by outside organizations? If so, be among the special few Vineyard Ranch students to receive the Presidents Volunteer Service Award which includes an official pin, certificate of achievement, and a congratulatory letter from the President of the United States.
*Hours counted and logged must be in between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018.
HOURS BY AWARD BRONZE SILVER GOLD
KIDS (5-10) 26-49 HR 50-74 HR 75+ HR
TEENS (11-15) 50-74 HR 75-99 HR 100+ HR
Examples of activities students receive volunteer hours for their service:
In-School: Safety Patrols, Broadcasting, Vineyard Ranch jobs such as morning greeters, litter patrol, nurse assistant, pencil hero, and Lighthouse Team
Out of School: Girl/Boy Scout activities, Volunteering at church or in animal shelters, helping elderly neighbors with yard work, babysitting or pet sitting for free
Please check the monthly PTA newsletters for ideas and suggestions where you can volunteer and make a difference!
To log in your hours, follow these instructions:
1. Go to www.presidentialserviceawards.gov
2. Click on “Get Involved” tab and select “Volunteers”.
3. Click on “Register” tab and complete Volunteer application. Once Volunteer’s application is submitted, log out and check your email for application approval. (Parents need to have a different email address for each child the sign up.
An email will be sent to parent to approve volunteer’s application. Once approved, email will be sent with log in information.)
4. Log back into www.presidentialserviceawards.gov. (username = email address, password = one you selected)
5. Go to “My Profile”. Select “Edit” for Record of Service (ROS) key and enter “HVZ-57821”. Click “Save”. (This creates a link between you and Vineyard Ranch Elementary School.)
6. Now you can enter Service Hours.
How to enter service hours:
- Log into your account (username is “email” and password is one you selected), and click “My Service”.
- Click “Add Activity”.
- Enter your activity and hours served.
- Select most appropriate "Specific Area of Service" from categories listed.
- Click "Save."
For further information or questions, please email Talia Pim at firstname.lastname@example.org